Position: Maintenance Technician
Job Type: Temp to Hire
Location: Kalamazoo MI 49001
Pay Rate: $20/ Hr – $22/ Hr
2nd Shift: Monday- Friday, 3 pm to 11:30 pm
3rd Shift: 10:30 pm to 7 am, Sunday through Friday
Snelling has an immediate opening for a Maintenance Technician in Kalamazoo, MI. This position will be responsible for basic maintenance duties in a production facility. The Maintenance Technician should be able to work independently and demonstrate a proactive, problem-solving attitude.
Maintenance Technician Requirements:
- Lifting requirements: 20-25 pounds
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Able to work well with minimal supervision
- Ability to prioritize tasks and follow specified procedures
- High School/GED diploma required
Maintenance Technician Preferred Skills:
- Industrial machine electrical work
- Welding, Grinding, Fabrication, etc.
- Adequate knowledge of basic maintenance duties: plumbing, gas/compressed lines, etc.
- Perform minor building, HVAC, plumbing, electrical and painting repairs as necessary
- Implement preventative maintenance measures
- Maintain inventory of repair equipment and supplies
- Complete inspections of offices and laboratories with Maintenance Manager
- Respond quickly in the event of an emergency, notify appropriate personnel and follow safety protocol
- Perform other maintenance duties as requested
- This position will entail standing for long periods and lifting heavy objects.
Maintenance Technician Benefits:
- Medical, Vision, Dental, and Life Insurance after 30 days
- 401K (eligible from start date, matched after 1 year)
- Weekly Electronic Pay
To Apply: Interested candidates should submit their resume to [email protected] for immediate consideration. Resumes will be reviewed as quickly as possible, and qualified candidates will be contacted to set up an interview. Snelling participates in E-Verify and is a drug free workplace. Candidates may be subject to drug testing.
Keywords: Production, Manufacturing, Maintenance, Welding, Electrical